RAK/KPDA BREAKFAST FORUM, TUESDAY 21ST MAY 2019 AT THE PARK INN BY RADISSON HOTEL IN WESTLANDS, NAIROBI
The REITS Association of Kenya (RAK) was established in 2017 by players in the Real Estate and Capital markets industries. Although in its infancy, the Association Membership has grown to include a diverse range of market participants including (but not limited to):
- The Kenya Property Developers Association
- The Kenya Association of Stockbrokers and Investment Bankers and
- The Nairobi Securities Exchange (among the top 4 Exchanges in Africa)
One of the Association’s immediate goals is to promote the growth of REITs as a viable investable asset class by providing information and guidance to market aligned with proven global standards drawn from our international partners through focused small forums and conferences.
On Tuesday, 21st May 2019, KPDA and RAK held a jointly organized Breakfast Forum whose theme was “Practically Growing Real Estate Investments in Kenya.” The main objectives of this forum were to discuss the systematic journey of how REITs come to market and to draw potential REIT issuers together to encourage them to undertake an incubation process supported by RAK. Stanlib Fahari I-REIT were the event sponsors.
The forum had 92 participants (drawn from both Associations) and the speakers and panelists at the event were;
MC/Moderator: Mr. Kenneth Masika – Vice Chairman, REITs Association of Kenya (RAK)
- Edward Kirathe – Chairman, REITs Association of Kenya (RAK)
- Geoffrey Odundo – Treasurer, REITs Association of Kenya (RAK)
- Adil Suleman – Head of Actuarial Services, Zamara Administrators
- Kenneth Mbae – Commercial Director for Real Estate, Centum Real Estate
- David Waggema – Head of Business Development, Nairobi Securities Exchange
- Peter Waiyaki – Partner, Mboya Wangong’u & Waiyaki
- Kenneth Kaniu – CEO, BRITAM Asset Managers
To download the presentation ‘’The Journey to Listing a REIT’’ by Edward Kirathe please click HERE
For more information, kindly contact the KPDA Secretariat on 0737 530 290 or 0725 286 689 or the RAK Secretariat on 020 283 1000.
*Photography by Studio 28 Kenya Photography firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0718 494 904
Please visit www.studio28kenya.co.ke